Animal Control & Dog Licensing
To contact the Animal Control Officer for Webster, please call: (585) 872-7009
Dogs four months and older in the Town or Village of Webster must be licensed through the Webster Town Clerk. Licenses are renewable annually with proof of a current rabies vaccination, and can be brought into the office or mailed in to the Town Clerks Office, 1000 Ridge Road, Webster, NY 14580
The original license is easiest to apply for in person at the Town Clerk's Office. Please bring your updated rabies certificate and proof of spay or neuter when licensing your dog.
Click here to view Free Rabies Clinics in Monroe County
Town of Webster Dog Licensing Fees (Cash or Check only)
- $10.00 - neutered / spayed dogs
- $20.00 - un-neutered / un-spayed dogs
- $2.00 late charge added if license is renewed after 90 days from due date
Why License Your Dog?
- It's the Law: New York State Agriculture & Markets Law, Article 7, requires that dogs in New York State be licensed and wear their dog license tag.
- Easy Identification: When wearing a license tag, dogs are easier to identify, enabling them to be reunited with their owner faster if they should run off. A license is a lost dog's ticket home.
- Health & Safety: By requiring that a dog have valid rabies vaccination prior to licensing, a dog license helps to control and prevent the spread of rabies.
- Dog Parks: All Monroe County Dog Parks require a valid dog license and rabies vaccination. Follow the link or call Monroe County Department of Parks Administrative Office at (585) 753-7275 for more information.
Leash / Conduct Laws
All dogs in Webster are also subject to leash laws. They must be on a leash and controlled by the owner any time they are off the owner’s property. Any destruction or damage caused by a dog is the responsibility of the dog’s owner. This includes any noisy or disturbing conduct.